Nani is seeking a talented and passionate design intern for our activewear and swimwear collections.
The role will partner collaboratively with designers to develop and execute collections to achieve growth and profitability goals while delivering on Nani's brand goals of designer quality, inclusivity, sustainability, functionality, and performance.
Full to part-time. Pay based on experience. Office based in Smithfield, Utah.
ABOUT THE JOB:
• Work with a team lead to design and develop the active and swim categories from inception to delivery including market trend research, inspiration, freestyle sketching, computer flat sketching, garment specifications, fabric content selections, tech packs, style summaries, etc.
• Develop and maintain a solid understanding of the Nani customer; understand trends and translate them to our customer.
• Stay current with market trends via digital platforms, direct personal research, and other methods in order to inform creative designs.
• Must have a good sense of style, color theory and prints.
• Possess good communication and organizational skills. Create detailed projects with accuracy while meeting tight deadlines.
• Ensure proper fit and style are being reflected in all development samples through bulk production. Regularly participate in fit sessions.
• Analyze sales and returns data to take a data-driven approach to design.
• Maintain existing fit standards while introducing new silhouettes and consistently bring newness to the table with fresh ideas.
• Other duties as assigned including providing additional design support as needed.
• A degree in fashion design or a related field or Senior level design student.
• Design experience in women’s apparel preferred.
• Thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment and work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
• Bring newness and creative passion for the category while staying true to the customer and business strategy.
• Team-orientation and the ability to excel in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Creative Suite.
If you want to be a part of a hardworking and fast-paced team filled with motivated and thoughtful people, please consider applying!
Email your resume, a picture of yourself so we can put a face to the name, and a design portfolio to email@example.com.
Please include answers to the following questions:
1) What is your earliest start date?
2) Available work times?
3) Looking for full or part-time?
4) What is your expected pay?
5) Why are you a good fit for this position?